Friday, June 5, 2009

Here's to my friends...

Preface:
A remark as I think about all those people that I have met in my lifetime and where they are today in relation to where I stand......
“If we are friends, I believe that our prayers, thoughts and actions are just as steady and loyal as time passes, anchored in the knowledge that our relationship will endure the test of time.
How we look at and feel about things present or past, is only a matter of perspective and my hope is that we manage our lives and appreciate actions of those that are dear to us with much care and understanding."

I consider myself blessed to be part of this bouquet of sweet friendship where each flower with its unique hue, fragrance, form and character fills the air with a certain magic that is impossible to resist.

By Sravanthi Vallampati

Many years from now, when all is said and done,
I know I'll feel thankful and blessed once again,
for friends that stayed alongside my shoulder,
in thick and in thin of my life as I grew older.

On your butterfly wings, I've seen many a rainbow,
my imagination soaring, my hopes ultimately aglow,
through blustery cold winds and super sunshiny days,
in my mind’s eye, so vividly, you were there always.

You have taught me a lesson or two, in Love so true,
leaving me with a kinder heart with much to imbue,
to give without hesitation, care without expectation,
to rise above myself, to be sincere in my appreciation.

You let me be me, listening to all I had to say, stories
from the past, hopes for the future, lingering mysteries,
funny anecdotes, friendly banter, intolerant idealism! Me
wonders what I would make of me if it were not for thee!

I reckon, my friends, I'll take another sweet serving of you,
should I re-enter life's fare and have cherished friends few,
to repay in kind, show you I care and acknowledge with zeal,
until then "I shall grapple you to my soul with hoops of steel"



No comments:

Featured Post

The Baker's Dozen on Strengthening Relationships

Do relationships matter?  Ever imagined where we would be without the many ties that keep our existence meaningful? Whether the objecti...