Friday, May 14, 2010

To the MOMS on my list

Dear friends.

You are receiving this note because you have in some way, shape or form enriched my life, helping me grow as an individual and stay motivated to make a positive difference in the world around me.
Your insights, thoughts and support serve as an anchor to me at all times and I want you to know that I am very thankful for that. As we each move towards success while striving to add value and meaning to the many aspects of our existence, we tend to not pause to recognize the impact that gentle attitudes and forgiving allowances make, in letting us reach our goals and conduct ourselves in such an amicable manner.
Here's a wish to all of you that have had the caring and the courage to don a mom's cap in various capacities, navigating smooth seas and rough waters with equal agility and coming through tranquil moments and teasing travails with a smile on your faces!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY :-)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Desi moms are many things - Amiable, Beautiful, Caring, Diligent, Energetic, Funny, Gullible, Handy, Intelligent, Judgmental, etc. etc........
Here's a collection of some trite thoughts by a mom that will give you a laugh or two as we bring this annual exercise to celebrate our loveliness to a close......if you have not used any of these, use at your own peril! :-)
As far as I am concerned, we need a data-driven decision here....just one day to celebrate us in the entire year???


'Just wanna be me' Desi mom!
I am a Homemaker, not a compulsive Housekeeper.
I am tired of using PMS as an excuse. I am what I am, take it or leave it.
I make the rules and I am not interested in knowing names of those that don't care for them.
To My Dear....
If sitting down to watch Your favorite show on TV is the definition of Our quality time, I'd rather do the dishes.
I don't buy into it anymore when your mom says that I am aging gracefully and cites herself as an example.
If you utter 'vacation' and 'kids' in the same sentence without the word 'Nanny' in it,, you better find another partner.
Darling, I recognize that you find my innocence very endearing, but 'You look like the divine mom that you are' is not a compliment.
Tweezing eyebrows at the stoplight to lighten the contrast between my Zardozi Saree and an unmowed forehead is most definitely not a safety hazard.
I do not care that your sister in India thinks that going to the nail salon is a guilty pleasure. So what if I own a manicure kit, exfoliating cream and 2 dozen nail polishes?
Dal and rice combo has enough protein to keep you, me, our kids and the dog going until we are 82.5 yrs old. Just enjoy what's on the table or the kitchen is all yours.
Yes Dear, I said OK to your Big Screen TV just so I could go ahead and make a fruitful visit to SriKrishna. And, please hold off on the reminder that Gold is at an all-time high.
To My dear Friends.....
It is so nice of you to think that my kids are angels. Can you take them with you for a week?
I don't understand when you say 'Behind every successful man is a woman and behind her, the wife'.
There is no difference between a Concert and Competition. I work so hard all day so why should my kids get a break?
I have heard that using hair color makes women get hot flashes before they are 40. Is that true? and what are hot flashes anyway?
Yes, this is a recycled gift bag from my daughter's birthday last year. Knowing how much you care about the environment as well, I am convinced you won't mind.
I have graduated from secretly admiring Rita and her XXS T-shirts. With Yoga, I have perfected the technique where I have to take a breath only every 43 seconds.

No comments:

Featured Post

The Baker's Dozen on Strengthening Relationships

Do relationships matter?  Ever imagined where we would be without the many ties that keep our existence meaningful? Whether the objecti...